incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From w...@comcast.net
Subject Replacing old Publisher with Open Office
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:59:11 GMT
Hello,
I am a observer for the National Weather Service and I use a old version of Microsoft Publisher
to enter and publish my daily observations...with publisher I can set up a file/folder and
insert multiple pages at once, putting the same text on each page thereby eliminating having
to type or copy and paste to every page, can just enter the numerical data from my instruments
on a daily basis…
I have been researching and experimenting with Open Office but unable at this time to find
a method where I can do on Open Office, what I can on Publisher..it seems all you have is
“Page Break”..is there a method with your program that I can use like in Publisher??.
Would appreciate any feedback or assistance you can give me at this time as I am looking for
a replacement for Publisher..

Thank you,
Larry Woller
COOP/SWOP Observer, NWS, ILX