incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew jensen <drewjensen.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Touching base with the mirrorbrain operators
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:40:28 GMT
Howdy,

It is wonderful to see the millions of downloads for the current 3.4
release, utilizing the sf.net resources.

It's also encouraging to see the half million downloads per month still
going out from the mirrorbrain servers - this 500,000 p/mos figure is
comprised of older releases, many of which include language packs not
yet available for 3.4 or the upcoming 3.4.1 - so this is a valuable
resource to the project still, IMO.

Back in March I sent an email to 102 contact references for that mirror
network, it would be a good idea IMO to drop another note to these
folks, let them know we recognize the traffic they are still carrying,
say thanks and keep in touch as the projects looks to, and plans for the
next release - 3.4.1 and beyond.

Sound like a good idea?

Thanks

//drew