incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject [OT] Re: Help please - working on an AOO34 CD
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:24:45 GMT
On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 10:11 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM, drew jensen
> <drewjensen.inbox@gmail.com> wrote:

I have

> >> you can really burn CD's, wow ;-)
> >

> >> Juergen
> >>
> >> PS: I haven't checked the ISO image but does it have an autorun.inf file?
> >>

> > No it doesn't have an autorun file.
> >
> > By the way - are both of you on the OASIS ODF..hmmm, team, project, not
> > sure what to call that - I really want to yell at someone from OASIS
> > about their stupidity on Plug-fests...so which of you is it?
> >

> We have several OASIS members in the AOO project: me, Oliver, Don,
> Louis, Dennis, and anyone else I missed ;-).  But the Plugfests are
> not done by OASIS.  They are organized by another group that works
> informally, albeit with a membership that overlaps.
>
> What's the issue?

What is this I hear that TDF is being denied the use of the name, ODF
Plugfest. The plan was to host such an event at our annual conference
but apparently folks (hell IBM) is blocking it...so what's up with that
- what happened to openness as in Open standard, non encumbered by....
and all that BS?