incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Help please - working on an AOO34 CD
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:01:42 GMT
On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 08:44 -0700, Dave Fisher wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2012, at 8:34 AM, drew jensen wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Have been working on an AOO 3.4 CD image - suitable for boosters to use
> > as swag, part of individual supports toolbox, etc.
> >
> > The work is down to the final stages now and I could use some help in
> > the way of input with some of the details.
> >
> > THIS IS NOT FINISHED - but in wanted folks to see exactly what I have
> > this morning so made use of the sf.net resources to do so.
> >
> > Two files added here:
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/lorepo/files/AOO34/
> >
> > cd-aoo34-bin.iso and cd-aoo-34-src.iso
> > (again these are NOT intended for distribution yet..)
> >
> > What's in them currently?
> >
> > cd-aoo34-bin.iso
> >
> > AOO 3.4 Binaries
> > - Windows English(us) full install package
> > - All Windows language packs released with 3.4
> > - Windows SDK
> >
> > Documents, all as PDF
> > - Installation Guide
> > - Getting Started Guide
> > - Administration Guide
> > - Basic Programmers Guide
> > - Developers Guide
> >
> > HTML files
> > - Index [home] (started as webstie page - done)
> > - Files (started from website page - done)
> > - Instructions (not close to done)
> > - Conatct [support] (could be done maybe)
> > - Release Notes [notes] (copy of webstie page, added one graphic - done)
> > - License (not done)
> > - java (copy of website page - done)
> > - sys_reqs_aoo34 (copy of webstie page)
> > - ooo.css and style.css from webstie, 1 changes in each file
> >
> > Print ready artwork for packaging
> > - Thin / Tall DVD case cover
> > - Cut/Fold CD envelope template
> > - Pre-fab sleeve cover
> > - disk label
> >

> > cd-aoo-34-src.iso
> >
> > All the files in the cd-aoo-34-bin.iso and the source files tar ball,
> > along with changes to a couple of html files.
> >
> > -----------
> >
> > So - there are things I see to do on each piece here still.
> >
> > I do not expect to add any other artifacts at this point.
> >
> > For today I want to finish up an the install help page(s).
> >
> > Right now though any general feedback on _any_ of it is welcomed.
>
> EIther the naming should indicate that this is a Windows iso, or -

Howdy Dave,

yes, your right - will fix that.

> IMO you ought to include MacOSX and Linux installers!

I've been, in truth, hemming and hawing about actually doing this as it
means a lengthy commitment once it's 'out in the wild' - so keeping the
scope of the work product limited. Juergen, Ma and the gang will have
the image obsolete in here in just a few weeks with 3.4.1 - for example.

For the moment I would like to finish the windows only CD first. I have
a MAC version in mind, and files mostly laid out, next. After all the
details come together on this one it should be just a quick step to
merge that to the MAC.

Linux is interesting in that one could, and some do, construct it so
that the media is also a proper, mountable, package repository.

Anyway - it's a place to start from is all.

Thanks

//drew