incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1]: proposing "Bug 118057 [filter] word 2003 XML (wordml) filters broken" as release blocker
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:15:11 GMT

--- Lun 25/6/12, J├╝rgen Schmidt <> ha scritto:
> Most fixes are probably fixed on trunk first and merged
> after some
> discussion on the branch. But do we need a fix direction
> here? I think
> no because it really depends on the issue. Keep in mind that
> we have
> some general tasks to do for each release that are not
> necessary on trunk.
> We should use svn merge to integrate a fix from one code
> base into another one.

I am not a svn:mergeinfo expert but I recommend doing
svn merge in one direction only.

In trunk we want to keep record of the merges from
the development branches (Armin has already done it)
and in the stable branch (AOO34) we want to track
only things from trunk.

If we start merging from everywhere we will get a
rather messy "spaghetti" structure but, worse than
that, the mergeinfo in trunk will be unnecessarily
big and will be inherited into all the branches.

Just my $0.002,

View raw message