incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Distribution of Open Office-
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 01:01:09 GMT
On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 19:51 -0400, Steve Allison wrote:
> There are pockets of rural dialup still with little or no option for
> broadband service that would definitely appreciate the availability of
> your software on CD or DVD.
>
> I'll keep an eye on your website to see if you at some point find a
> sensible way to distribute OpenOffice.
> I did see several sites offering it (most with some strings) and I
> agree that ensuring that the latest version is available is a sticking
> point.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve Allison
> Grantsville, WV

Hi Steve,

Actually, work is under way on a CD image at this very moment - Windows
only, no frills. A few days behind with it, but should be available this
next week.

The CD will not be an official Apache release, but will contain only
official binaries released by Apache OpenOffice. No strings attached,
other then a standard license.

It will be available as an iso image, so someone would have to download
the image but this will have everything needed then to burn and package
the CD.

Best wishes,

//drew
Cumberland, MD