incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:31:15 GMT

--- Ven 15/6/12, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> ha scritto:

> we should be careful with spreading numbers based on wild
> guessing. It requires some deeper analysis.

Yes, you are right. The estimates for bringing the
accessibility stuff are rather discouraging for
option I though.

> > Personally, I think I will work on both options
> > at the same time: I do want to have an early
> > Symphony BSD port. No objections if I start
> > merging patches into Symphony once uploaded? :).
>
> you are free in the work you are doing but I think it would
> be wrong. We should find an agreement on the direction we
> want to move forward. Our goal is to take the best of both
> and build the best free office suite ever. We shouldn't
> split further resources by working on 2 code bases.
> It will be the completely wrong signal.

Well, I won't be doing any main development just merge
some of what has already been done in AOO, mostly the
BSD port.

> I am of course against releasing 2 source releases based on
> 2 different source trees.

There are unofficial "demo" releases of Symphony already,
I am not forking, I only want to do the BSD port.

> I am surprised about such an idea

Surprises can be good :).

Pedro.