incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [UX] Symphony UX migration/merge candidate analysis
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 03:01:35 GMT
Hello Kevin;

--- Mer 13/6/12, Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon.oo@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello All,
>
> I have started posting UX migration/merge candidate analysis
> with specific actionable recommendations to the AOO UX wiki
> [1]. All are welcome to comment and contribute this ongoing
> analysis.
>
> While I appreciate the migration/merge mechanics are still
> under discussion, I wanted to share this information so that
> we can more forward on the design direction discussions.
>
> [1] http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AOO_UX_Symphony_Contribution
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

I appreciate your analysis.

Instead of helping, let me get things even more complex
by asking some questions:

Would you say both UIs are complementary or completely
opposed to each other?

Would you say both serve the same purpose? Could we reuse
each of them as a different theme and both would provide
the same functionality?

If we take an average teenager (yes Funny Nanny was amazing),
would she say that Symphony has the most modern and futuristic
of both approaches? And what would a more experienced user want?
Would it be acceptable to lose some non-essential functionality
in exchange for a newer look?

Would either option work better in other environment: mobile
or cloud?

Should we maintain all the 6 OOo product applications or
should we focus on the fewer, but perhaps more practical,
Symphony applications.

Just wondering ;).

Pedro.