incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nancy K <nancythirt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:12:53 GMT
Drew,
Can you align the word Media over a notch so it lines up with the words below?  I think you
will have a stronger look - as it will create that imaginary left line.  This looks great
- you have an eye for professional high quality!
Nancy
PS I was going to tackle the poster, but it is the last minute - I liked everything in your
poster but did agree that the white shadow on the word processor, spreadsheet, vector drawing,
etc. was hard to read.  Have you tried it with a grey or black drop shadow instead of white?
I think it would stand out clearer.  What font style are you using?

     Nancy      Web Design
Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
Video courses on SEO, CMS,
Design and Software Courses

________________________________
 From: drew <drew@baseanswers.com>
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)

On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 11:11 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 13 June 2012 01:33, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> >> The only possible problem I see is the text
> >>
> >> MS Windows
> >> XP, Vista, Win 7
> >> (c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation
> >>
> >> Should MS be spelt in full?
> >> Microsoft and Windows are both registered trademarks.
> >
> > Just space requirements..
>
> All the software packages I have seen which target Windows either omit
> Microsoft or spell it out in full.
> AFAIK "MS" is not an official abbreviation for Microsoft; they may not
> be too happy.
>

> >> Also, when I first saw this, I briefly thought that the (c) statement
> >> applied to the content.
> >> In fact I'm not sure what the (c) does apply to.
> >> I suspect it should be removed.
> >
> > Hi Sebb,
> >
> > It should be a registered trademark glyph, there was a mistake earlier
> > today and you may just need do a cache refresh.
>
> I can see the (R) now, however it is not appropriately used.
>
> AFAIK, the terms that are registered are
>
> Microsoft
> Windows
> Vista
>
> So the block should be:
>
> Microsoft (R) Windows (R)
> XP, Vista (R), Win 7
>
> (or is it called Windows 7?)
>
> It might be OK to omit the (R) after Vista.
>
> The following line is misleading and should be removed:
>
> (R) 2012 Microsoft Corporation
>
> Have a look at some other recent products that are designed
> for/support Windows and see what they do.

Actually I had seen it used on a package, though not with the
abbreviation and it doesn't make it right per se, anyway..I suppose

So - acted on Alexandro's comments and yours, and as usual, listening
does end up with a better result...updated the file here
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png

//drew