incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for Apache License for CWSs
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:28:37 GMT
Hello Eike;

--- Ven 8/6/12, Eike Rathke ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday, 2012-05-23 13:54:31 +0200, Regina Henschel
> wrote:
>
> > For AOO itself the CWS calcishmakkica is important.
>
> I'd like to bring this up on the radar again. The CWS
> contains important work implementing spreadsheet
> formulas defined by ODF OpenFormula, done by Marina
> during an OOo internship, myself as mentor and
> Daniel for the Excel import/export. It would be
> unnecessary to redo all the work, which
> is quite some amount, if we could get the changes
> of this CWS under ALv2 soon.
>
> So how to proceed?

Well, as you know, the only proved way to get code from
a CWS relicensed is to commit it to the tree and wait
for the ASF to make a release with it. Other alternatives
have to be arranged directly with the copyright owner.

Breaking the build or bringing stuff that doesn't work
is not acceptable so I would suggest you make available
the patch and give a couple of days before committing it
just to make sure there are no objections.

Of course you are a committer, so you can create a branch
if you want to do some special work on it before getting
it integrated.

best regards,

Pedro.