incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From K M <kfma...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 23:49:56 GMT
Do you need anyone to update any of the social media outlets? I'm a creative copy writer with
a bit of a technical background. If I can be of assistance, I would be happy to. Please let
me know. Thanks.

Cheers!

----- Original Message -----
From: drew <drew@baseanswers.com>
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:48 PM
Subject: First Year Anniversary - party CD

I would like to propose that we treat the 13th of the month as our 1st
Anniversary and would like to do the following for the occasion:

There has already been a few CD requests made,
https://sites.google.com/site/khirano/Home/apache-openoffice-cd
the most recent.

I would like to release two CD iso images, Windows and Mac on the 13th
of this month.

Each image would include:
Win/or/Mac binaries directory
    English _us installer for AOO3.4
    All Language packs released with 3.4
    SDK
    sha files for each

Readme file
License file
[same as the OO.o 3.3 iso included - these should be pretty much written
already on the website]

Very simple HTML instructions screen(s)

Pre-Made CD artwork
    Pre-made sleeve cover
    Folded cover
    Tall hard case coer
    Disk

Some promotional material
    Tri-fold application information brochure sized for tall case.

A couple of wall paper images

Two posters
    AOO banner 150dpi - suitable size for a table at a show
    AOO branded reprise of the 'Free Yourself' OO.o poster

A short anniversary video

----

The immediate goal is a one-off project, with the branding focused to
this Anniversary (3.4 release), so I am not suggesting that this be the
basis for 4.0. For example though I saw one person talking about a
release party, and part of this is intended for such a use.

I'm not proposing that the files need to be on AOO (sf) mirrors on the
13th, though I wouldn't be against it all either.

I would be willing maintain a project for this at SF, the images will be
somewhere in the 400 Meg size range. They aren't likely big download
number, getter's :)

My itch, is to do this with the group so that we could tell folks, if
you want to make a CD, here is an image - use it as is, un-altered, and
your good to go.

OK.. I've assembled a local set of all the 3.4 release binaries and
started work on the other items.

For the disk related artwork I sarted from the OO.o 3.3 cd artwork on
the main website.

Also started on the small 'party' video.

[None of that is done...]

Items not touched at all:
Appropriate text files (readme and license) for the is image - the 3.4
versions of what is in the 3.3 iso in other words.

All the fine print for the artwork..of course

The tri-fold brochure. I have an old one from Andy Brown for a basis,
haven't touched it however, if anyone has something already and would
like to make a donation...that would be wonderful!

I could really use help with any of this,
as part of this is the trademark ok, I suppose, part of that help is
your helpful and prompt feedback on that, I'll move as quick in the
graphic editors as I can.
also if it sounds like a fun week and you want maybe take of these items
to finish or help with layout ideas...let me know, we can meetup on irc
or maybe a google hangout, or such...

Ok - Again none of these items are done - so please do not use them for
anything other then giving feedback here..

.. I've got a preview of what I have so far at (no binaries, so only 64
megs) http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-1year-cd-iso.tar.bz2 and the
svg files for the preview handy for anyone that wants to dive in also
available, just ping me on that.

Thanks, looking forward your feedback.

//drew