incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1347062 - /incubator/ooo/trunk/main/instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:15:28 GMT
Hi Andre;

--- Gio 7/6/12, Andre Fischer <af@a-w-f.de> ha scritto:

> Hi Pedro,
>
> I just saw that you have removed the -u flag from some copy
> commands in instsetoo_native/util/makefile.mk
>
> Can you explain why?  Is there a Windows-only problem
> with the copy command? Maybe this has to be done elsewhere
> too?

I saw a while back here on -dev a report about timestamping
issue with Windows (I didn't keep the exact message but I
recall it was from someone in China).

It seemed that the issue happens when sharing files, like
in NFS or samba. AFAICT this is the only place where we
depend on gnu cp's -u extension.

In general building AOO in a shared disks is a bad idea, so
if this has some performance/disk space impact it can be
reverted.

Pedro.
Pedro.