incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject Re: Windows 8 Compatibility?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 02:30:31 GMT

--- Mer 6/6/12, Rob Weir <> ha scritto:
> I installed the Windows 8 Tech Preview (32-bit) today
> on a virtual server.  After a few minutes to figure
> out the new platform UI I installed AOO 3.4.  Install
> went without problems and it appears to run fine.
> Of course, there is more that we could do to be a
> well-integrated Windows desktop application.  The
> best practices are outlined here:

Anything above an including Vista requires a modern
computer nowadays so I think 64-bit windows will be
gaining many adopters. I understand on win64 requiring
32bit Java will be a problem so we should
consider a native win64 port.

Our LibreOffice friends are kindly sharing some
notes about it:

And of course Microsoft has kindly made the
required tools available for Apache committers.

So nice to live in a world with friendly
competitors :)

View raw message