incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The new fetch_tarballs.sh
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:14:51 GMT

--- Mar 5/6/12, Andre Fischer <af@a-w-f.de> ha scritto:
..
> Hi Pedro,
>
> On 04.06.2012 22:05, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> > Thank you Andre!
> >
> > I normally dislike perl but external_libs.lst surely
> > looks nice now.
>
> Thanks. Well, I dislike Python and did not want to introduce
> yet another scripting language.

That's fine.

> > One wish for the future .. hmm.. if I use the external
> > package (for example for python) it would be nice to
> > disable downloading the corresponding tarballs too.
>
> That is possibly now by just changing the data file. I
> provided the script.  We all can provide the data.
>
> There are other things to do, not necessary but nice to
> have:
>
> - Fill in the missing original download sites.
>
> - Solve the issues with mismatching MD5 sums.
>
> - (mentioned above) Guard more libraries with the same flags
> that control in their makefiles whether they are build.

Oh, BTW, I didn't carry the checksummed license texts
in ooo-extras: they are simply useless for building.
I moved the relevant parts of the texts to the download
descriptions, it seemed more reasonable to have there.

I am thinking of adding support for binary blobs
in both rhino and saxon as the Apache policy is OK
about carrying Java binaries.

Pedro.