incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Moving Category-B tarballs (was Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process)
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 22:30:41 GMT
>________________________________

There are few if any legal policy constraints on convenience artfacts-
if you go through the mirrors you will find instances of non-open-source
items (eg  Windows installers, binaries, etc).  Convenience artifacts
do not form the basis of a release vote.  I see no reason why the
licensing on source artifacts that we distribute as a convenience
should be more restrictive than the licensing on binaries- policy
designed around Java artifacts isn't meant to place unreasonable
limits on what AOO can reasonably distribute on the mirrors.

Does that help?

>> Whether that's best practice is debatable, but I don't
>> believe it's so unreasonable that a rational person
>> would withhold their participation in the project over it.
>>

>> HTH

least it seems you have some concerns