incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Pootle and New Contributor Category
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 00:10:49 GMT

On Jun 7, 2012, at 4:30 PM, RGB ES wrote:

> 2012/6/8 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>:

here: Working with
mailing list. The
is desirable or not

up to the project to

Maybe combined

>>> As in we would like to be able to allow people with an iCLA on file to register
for access to the pootle server.

>>> We can call these people "invited translators"
>>>

>> Why not allow that to everyone?  I'm trying to see what harm would
>> come from that?  No one needs special permission to enter a BZ issue
>> and attach a patch.  Why can't someone log into Pootle and enter a
>> suggestion?  Is there a technical reason why this is not happening?
>>

> AFAIK, right now accept suggestions is not working but once this
> problem is solved I think that "opening" the system so anyone can
> issue a suggestion is really good: the analogy with BZ is just
> perfect.

Let's think of my idea as a possible compromise depending on what concerns Infrastructure
has with opening up pootle. Recall we are not the only project using this resource.

So, maybe we let Jürgen deal with Infrastructure about what's possible.

I'll comment on it during the IPMC review on general@i.a.o.

Regards,
Dave