incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [IMPORTANT][Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11 Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 16:07:51 GMT
4 hours is too short.  This is an international project with contributors in different time
zones around the globe.  For example, when you posted this message, it was 01:26 where I am
(utc-0700).

I suggest that you either do CTR (commit it and be prepared for it to be rolled back, however
unlikely) or do an RTC (review, then commit) that provides adequate time for interested parties
to review and respond).  If you want to ensure that CTR does receive review, report that you
are doing so; also use a commit message that suggests review is desired.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: zhangjf [mailto:zhangjf@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 01:26
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT][Call for UX review] [Windows 8 certification]Test for "Section 11
Apps must support multi-user sessions" is not tested by Windows App Certification Kit

I am reviewing yuanlin's updated patch for the new dialog message
only, https://issues.apache.org/ooo/attachment.cgi?id=78521&action=diff.
 And I suppose it will remove "- Fatal Error" from the error dialog
title string late, so this will not introduce more strings for
translation.

If there is no more concerns in 4 hours from now, I will commit this
string patch to 3.4.1 at first.

thanks,
zhangjf

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:14 PM, zhangjf <zhangjf@apache.org> wrote:
> How about just simply remove "- Fatal Error" from the dialog title
> string? it won't add one more string for translation.
>
> zhangjf
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Jürgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/28/12 6:23 PM, zhangjf wrote:

>>> Yuanlin's original first post in this mail thread contains the dialog
>>> snapshot url at https://issues.apache.org/ooo/attachment.cgi?id=78482.
>>
>> ok thanks, I have overseen this. I have 2 questions:
>>
>> 1. dialog title shows "Fatal Error", is it really a Fatal Error? I don't
>> think so, we detect a running instance and close the application or
>> better don't continue to start. I think it's more a warning, isn't it?
>>
>> 2. in case of error I think we have a better error icon, in case of a
>> warning the used icon is ok from my pov.
>>
>> Juergen

Server 2008, AOO
According to the

you have user profiles for each