incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 22:11:03 GMT
Yes, I think the description for use of the "Get it Here" image and button is clear.

Thanks Rob,

I also strongly agree that it leads to a download page and does not initiate a download directly.

I am disagreeing with those who think the button should initiate download.

It is important to find a page that describes what the artifact is, how to know more about
it, how to install it, etc., preferably in at least the language used on the image itself,
and for that language and possibly others.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2012 14:38
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Must use the incubating qualifier

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Ross Gardler
<rgardler@opendirective.com> wrote:
> The way to deal with these things is acknowledge the need to use the
> qualifier. Where there is a reasonable argument (blog titles on the ASF
> home page for example) undertake to improve things and move on.

I updated the last couple of blog posts, to add the incubation
disclaimer, the link to the podling website, or both.

https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/5_million_downloads_of_apache

https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/porting_apache_openoffice_to_solaris

-Rob

[ ... ]