incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Moving Category-B tarballs (was Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process)
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:25:09 GMT
+1

sounds like a plan

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 07:59
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; pfg@apache.org
Subject: Re: Moving Category-B tarballs (was Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process)

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> --- Lun 18/6/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:
>

>> > Andre did a nice job but the category B tarballs are
>> > still in SVN so I dont consider the issue has been
>> > solved.
>> >

>> Do you have any proposal for how that could addressed
>> without breaking the released AOO 3.4.0 source
>> distribution?
>>

> Hasn't changed.
>
> Axe and add a note to the src distribution to let
> people know where to find the (already optional)
> tarballs.

This would also be cleared up after 3.4.1 is released, since that
would not depend on the legacy location for the tarballs.  It is
easier to break 3.4.0 once a 3.4.1 is out.

It is fine with me if we delay graduation until after 3.4.1 is
released.  This also avoids having graduation trigger a disruptive set
of naming changes to the release and the website at the same time
we're trying to get out a release.