incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: how Get Bitmap file from SVG module?
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 15:46:17 GMT
	Hi jianlizhao,

On 30.05.2012 16:29, jianlizhao wrote:
> Hi Armin:
>
> I find  TexMaths extension is very like my needs. Described as follows:
>
> TexMaths is an extension designed to provide LaTeX support into LibreOffice.
> LaTeX equations can be inserted as images (SVG or PNG formats) and the LaTeX
> code is saved into the image attribute for further editing.
>
> My question as follows:
> The new type picture can be inserted as images (PNG formats) and the
> Original picture is saved into the image attribute for further used.
> the image attribute can be saved with a file?

I have no idea, I never used something like this. If the example
extension does it currently and it is allowed to save any binary data at
the PNG then you can do the same (probably).

To find out if it is saved with the file I would check if it is saved
currently with the TexMaths extension. Another way is to add a '.zip' to
the AOO file name and to open it as archive. There you can check for the
contained single files and data, your binary data should be there somewhere.

> The difference between them is
> LaTeX equations is small and short, The new type picture is large.
> can  This method rigth?

If it serves your needs and works it is right. You need to check if the
files you create are loadable by a standard office (the AOO3.4 release
version for example). It should load and show the PNG. I cannot say if
it will strip your binary data when saving changed, you have to find out
yourself.

The only possible drawback is when you or other people using your
extension would spread files generated this way and these files are very
big. This may cause high eMail loads and similar effects. People may ask
'why is this file so big, there is only one picture in it'. I would
suggest to not spread such files with extra data in them too much, maybe
you only need to use them inhouse or privately anyways. It is a very
specialized usage of ODF files.

> The benefits of the treatment is:
> do not have to program  a import filter,
> without considering the compatibility of the file ,
> Only insert a  picture into openoffice's write.

Yes, looks reasonable.

> Look forward to your reply.
> Best Regards!

Thanks, same to You. And good luck with it!

>   >Hi Armin:
>> Receipt of your reply, I modified my needs.

[..]

Sincerely,
	Armin
--