incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to enable crash log for AOO3.4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 13:01:27 GMT
Hi,

the soap service shouldn't be that problem as it is documented here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/CrashReporting#How_does_the_Tool_work_internally.3F

The soap service uses the following header:

  public static String submitReport(SOAPContext soapContext,String body,
Hashtable attachments )

The format of a crash report has been specified here:
http://porting.openoffice.org/crashrep/errormail_xml.sxw

> We should think about enabling the feature. May be we cannot bring the
> SOAP service again, but we can:
>
> - use the default system mail client to send the crash report to
>    ooo-private
> - simply let the user save the crash report and send it manually
> - automatically submit a bug if the user has a bugzilla account

You know that you need a compatible pdb file of that build to get useful
information of the stack data ? Most probably you need a memory mapping
table as well... Sending this via email might spam the email account...

Kind regards, Joost