incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to enable crash log for AOO3.4?
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 12:26:27 GMT
Hi,

maybe it depends on the crash. For testing purpose the developer Hennes
Rohling (nick hro) once created the tool kill.exe which was part of the
tools project within OOo. This kill.exe allows you to sent the proper
signal to the soffice.bin (soffice.exe was just the starter process)
process on a Win32 platform. I once used it to check if the crash
reports generated were readable by the ReportMail database to allow
further automation of crash report data eg. to automatically create bug
reports in case there was a given amount of equal stack traces.

Usage:

kill -NULL soffice.bin

kills the soffice.bin process to allow crashdump creation

On Win32 the crash reporter generates a dmp file which can be read by
Microsoft's windbg application also known as "Debugging Tools for
Windows". On other platforms it creates an ASCII readable call stack
based on the system's backtrace function.

Am 29.05.2012 13:46, schrieb lin yuan:
> I did a build based on AOO 3.4 source code with "--enable-crashdump=yes"
> in configuration parameters on Windows 7 32bit.  When a crash happened, the
> auto recovery dialog will popup and the soffice.bin process also will be
> restarted. But still no crash log can be found in user directory.
> Is there any way to enable the crash log when launch soffice.exe?

Kind regards, Joost