incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Drawing layer performance issue
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 08:44:13 GMT
	Hi Clarence,

On 28.05.2012 08:11, Clarence GUO wrote:
> HI~ Armin,
> May I know after aw80 is done, will we have much perfomance improvement on
> rendering?

Some, but not much. aw080 is about security and basic paradigm changes
(I'm preparing documentation, could be ready later today). It is
aprerequisite to some needed stuff. One of the next steps will then be
to create system-specific renderes.

> If we will have, how much improvement can we get from it? Do we
> have some performance test result data or estimation number?

Not yet, aw080 is on progress but will need time and stabilisation. I
did not build the pro version for some time (needed for performance),
but of course feel free to do so (it's on
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/branches/alg/aw080/)

> Thanks&  regards,
> Clarence
>

> 2012/5/15 <kingwisemmx@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi,
>> Currently the performance of drawing layer is not good enough.
>> Does anybody know that is it possible to use a mature third-party graphic
>> component to replace drawing laywer for improving performance?
>>

>> Antonio.Wang

Sincerely,
	Armin
--