incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: [UX] Questions for users
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 08:23:57 GMT
	Hi Rob,

On 24.05.2012 20:42, Rob Weir wrote:
[..]

> That said, it is possible to be bold and strike gold.  Prezi and their
> unique view of a presentation is one example:  http://prezi.com/.   In
> such cases the new feature set might be intrinsically so valuable to
> the user that it more than compensates for the learning curve and
> lower interop with other editors.  They re-base their expectations on
> the new thing, and that defines the new normal.

Wow! I looked at Prezi and it's very fascinating to me; not the
presentation itself (as a mass product we will have no chance go move
away from the slide paradigm), but the UI stuff. Have you seen their
object manipulator when they have an object selected? A very interesting
alternative to the green handles :-) Also their circle-based menu is
intuitive, cool and seems very easily being adapted by any user. That's
an interesting direction to go!

[..]

Sincerely,
	Armin