incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: Drawing layer performance issue
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 14:31:09 GMT
	Hi Antonio Wang,

On 15.05.2012 10:44, 王喆 wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently the performance of drawing layer is not good enough.

Yes, that's true :-)

> Does anybody know that is it possible to use a mature third-party graphic
> component to replace drawing laywer for improving performance?

Yes, I know that it's not s easy. I'm preparing this for years. Do not
forget that DrawingLayer has many components (model, viewer to which you
probably refer, controller) and is used hardcoded from 14 users (not
only the visible apps, also dialogs, helpers, etc.). Also it's used on
(at least) five systems. It's going in the right direction, but is
ongoing work which will need some more time. I'm on it...

HTH!

> Antonio.Wang

Sincerely,
	Armin