incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ML] Please state that the mail was approved and that the author is not subscribed to the ML
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 01:01:58 GMT

On 2012-05-08 4:32 PM  Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 05/09/2012 12:07 AM, schrieb Simon Phipps:
>>
>> On 8 May 2012, at 22:55, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>>
>>> When you as ML moderator approve a post to a mailing list, please can you also
state that
>>> the author is not subscribed to the ML and that everybody who wants to replay
has to CC'ing
>>> the author?
>>>
>>> This would be very helpful from the start of the first posting.
>>
>> As a moderator, I am not aware of any way to do this; the moderator has no means
to add a
>> comment to an approved posting. It is possible to tell from the message headers that
>> message has been moderated, so perhaps you could add a rule/macro to your mail client
to add
>> the originator as a cc on any reply when this header is present?
>
> I remember that it was possible with the old OOo mailing lists. I cannot believe that
this is
> gone even when here a different ML service is working. ;-)
>
> If you can tell me how to do it in Thnderbird I can give it a try.
>
> Marcus

Messages from an unsubscribed poster contain the following header:

You can create a filter on this header with Thunderbird for emails. If you follow this list
as
a newsgroup using, as I do, you can't create a filter. There were many complaints on the old

OOo lists about allowing unsubscribed posters. Unless they are clearly identified in the
Subject line, it is a pain in the ass to identify them. Nothing was ever done to rectify the

problem.

--

Larry I. Gusaas