incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hi I hava a question about how to use VBA language on the Linux
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 13:26:01 GMT
Le 04/05/12 10:26, 史周波 a écrit :

Hi Robert,

> Hi all,
> I am researching how port the App for windows to Linux.
> I meet a question about how to use the VBA language in AOO on the Linux?

The short answer is : you can't.
The long answer is that you will have to rewrite your VBA in
StarOffice/OOo Basic, the included Basic programming language (and API)
that comes with AOOo. Some of the structures and constructs are similar,
but there are notable differences. There used to be a Basic Programmer's
Guide available for download on the internet, but I don't know if it is
still around now that the project has moved to Apache stewardship, i.e.
I don't know if that material was included in the grant made by Oracle
to the Apache foundation. Someone else here might be able to provide
more insight.

You can always take a look at the built- in help, it has a chapter or
three on programming with OOoBasic.

Alex