incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 17:11:03 GMT
On Monday, 7. May 2012 at 18:33, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM, J├╝rgen Schmidt
> <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
> > On 5/7/12 5:32 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Andrea Pescetti<pescetti@apache.org>
> > > wrote:

> > > OK, thanks for this...the "official" checksums file should now be living
> > > in
> > >
> > > http://ooo-site.staging.**apache.org/download/checksums/**
> > > 3.4.0_checksums.html<http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html>
> > > .
> > >
> > > I need tomake sure this is the most recent version before moving on.
> > >
> > > And, I do think this needed its own page...
> > you mean the checksums have to be on a separate page? Why? Why make it so
> > complicate? I don't understand the reason.
> >
> > Pleas explain it to me, I am eager to learn ;-)
>
> I can't really give you an explanation except to say this is how it was
> done in the past. The current checksums page is quite large...they COULD be
> tacked on to other.html I guess, but it just seems cleaner this

well a lot of room for improvements. The pages with the centered tables with different widths
looks of course not really professional or what do others think?

I really hope we can revamp the whole page in the future. A cleaner, simpler design. Consistent
translated content with a modern fresh design ;-)

Juergen