incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [WWW] AOOo french website
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 05:22:04 GMT
Hi,
Le 12 mai 12 à 00:40, Hagar Delest a écrit :

> Le sam. 12 mai 2012 00:07:35 CEST, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> a
> écrit :
>
>> I would suggest:
>>
>> "User community support forum for Apache OpenOffice and all the
>> OpenOffice.org derivatives"
>>
>> There's no need to favor any particular fork.
>
> This was my first proposal but we can't obliterate the fact that
> LibO has already a strong user base too.

LibreOffice does not respect Apache OpenOffice, neither does TDF.

For me, the point is NOT to make the best number of hits, but to
respect free software ethical, and reward the people doing the right
thing.

> Moreover, since many GNU/Linux distros have switched to LibO,

Many GNU/Linux distros did very bad things, not only switching to Libo

> many users don't know about AOO. It can be a way to make them aware
> about that.

Why ?  Because a group pf people controls all the communication
around us.

... and put Libo on first line encourages them to continue.

> As long as the codes give a common ground for users, we can benefit
> from both sides (users point of view).

"benefit" is a consumer word here, while ethical should be our first
concern.

Maintain this consumer spirit will kill free software one day.

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news