incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WWW] What to do with OOo related domains?
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 19:19:27 GMT

On 2012-05-26, at 11:10 , Shane Curcuru wrote:

> Sun allowed them to operate.

It wasn't Sun. Sun and Oracle, for that matter, didn't even really turn a blind eye. For most
of its history with OOo/SO, Sun couldn't care less and when it did notice bad actors (defrauders,
scammers, etc.) it acted to suppress: it wanted to do that with the first NL satellite, the
French StarOffice support project maintained by G. in France. It was actually only by converting
(or not, there were many failures) the bad to the good or indifferent (vis., the CDROM sites)
that I was able to move such outcropping reefs to friendlier berms.

What I would propose is to formalize the process of inclusion as Shane suggested. I tried
this with OOo but Sun was loath to embark upon this course.

Louis