incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bachardNOS...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Is there a AOO repo for ubuntu?
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 22:01:58 GMT
Hi,

Le 2 mai 12 à 22:53, Wolf Halton a écrit :

> I had just that issue.  LO uses /usr/bin/soffice as well.

Not very kind :-/

> Can we just change that in the integration code so it s-links to /
> usr/bin/aooffice, or
> would it be better to push that over to the Ubuntu packagers?

No idea about the packagers. What I know, is that change all soffice
inside the  $INSTALL_DIR/program  is difficult, but change the shell
name calling it is easy. That's even what I did with OOo4Kids and
OOoLight. For that, I created OOo4Kids.sh, located in sysui/desktop/
share, and containing:

-------------8<--------------------
#!/bin/sh

exec /%PREFIX/program/soffice "$@"

-------------8<--------------------

PREFIX contains the install path, and you can rename it
ApacheOffice.sh, or whatever name, of course.

Next step : the code to be modified stands in sysui/dekstop/share/
create_tree.sh file + some little things in the makefile and in the
Debian control file maybe. Of course, if you need, you can reuse what
I did in OOo4Kids and I'll relicense it under Apache License.

My 2 cts

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə