incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL]: Apache OpenOffice Next-Gen logo...
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 21:42:12 GMT

On May 9, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Andre Fischer wrote:

> On 09.05.2012 09:29, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
>> Hi *,

>>> Maybe we can do a logo contest similar to the one Apache Flex did?
>>>
>>>     http://incubator.apache.org/flex/logo-contest.html
>>

>> IMHO it is better to have some profession designer volunteering,
>> I recall the ugly OOo 3 splash screen
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/OOo3_Splash_Screen
>
> I see what you mean.  Although some of them are actually quite good.
> And flex does probably have a more design oriented user base.

Yes, that is true. The first round voting was carried out in such a way that the 50 were reduced
to just a few. In the first round each ballot had 5 votes to distribute to one to five designs.
A second round was called and the vote between the top two was close. The PPMC made the final
choice. The selected design was from a professional shop. They recently helped with round
buttons for the Flex 360 conference.

Regards,
Dave