incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Yong Lin Ma <mayo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.4.1, 3.5?, 4.0 ...
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 14:17:19 GMT
You may take a look at OO.o 3.2, 3.3 release notes, to get an idea
about what took OO.o from 3.x to 3.x+1.

Items in feature planning are just hints about what people have in
mind. There is no  guarantee  for them.

There are two ways we can get to the next release of AOO.

1, Choose a core set of features and bug fixes and the schedule of
next release depends on the progress of those features.
This can give end user a clear view about next release in advance. It
also requires a good command of resource.

2, Time boxed release. Get a new release every half year. The release
version depends on how much improvements have been made in it.
This is more suitable for AOO.