incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject "I want to stay informed about OpenOffice" option for the home page?
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 16:43:28 GMT
One thing we don't have any more is that registration dialog from
OpenOffice.org.   Does anyone recall what that used to do?  For
example, did it sign users up for the announce@openoffice.org mailing
list?

If so, since that is gone, we've lost the primary way for users to say
that they want to get occasional updates from us.  This reduces our
opportunity to engage with our users.

I wonder if it would be worth adding to the home page, a new option:
"I want to stay informed about OpenOffice"?  That could go to a page
where we give information on the announce list, the project blog, etc.
 It would take the place of the old registration system.

-Rob