incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about the donations for the apache openoffice project
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 18:58:29 GMT
On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Daniel Albrecht <l3inad@gmx.net> wrote:
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I'm working on a school project and I have a question about apache openoffice.
> I have no information found on the internet about it.
>
> To what degree are the financial support for the openoffice project?

Hi Daniel,

Apache OpenOffice is a project at the Apache Software Foundation
(ASF).  The ASF is a non-profit organization with the mission of
publishing open source software for the public good.  All of the
programming, testing, documentation, translations, support, website,
etc., are done by project volunteers.  The ASF does not pay for
developers.

The funds needed to support the ASF's very small administrative needs,
as well as hardware, is provided by sponsors, listed here:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html

-Rob