incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Crediting patches, bug reporters, etc.
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 18:43:10 GMT
Would it be too much additional overhead if we all agreed to track
patch authors, reviewers, bug authors, etc., in Subversion memo's in a
semi-structured way?

I'm thinking of what the Subversion project does, mainly using 4
possible fields in the check in memo:

Patch by:
Suggested by:
Found by:
Review by:

(You use whichever are appropriate.  Not every check-in will have all four).

http://subversion.apache.org/docs/community-guide/conventions.html#crediting

The nice thing about this minimal amount of structure is it allows
easy extraction of contributors via a simple script, e.g.,:

http://www.red-bean.com/svnproject/contribulyzer/

As you may know, our current informal approach tracks committers, but
does not explicitly track other contributors.

-Rob