incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of a mailing list for brazilian volunteers
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 23:23:21 GMT
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile
<arielch@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Albino,
>
> On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:52:50PM -0300, Albino Biasutti Neto wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> How is the progress of the vote ? [0]
>>
>> I see no change yet. Waiting an result positive. :-)
>>
>> 0 - issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4532
>
> The Spanish proposal only got one +1 ;)
> http://markmail.org/message/gxcn6ksi3cz26rjb

And that is perfectly OK.  Lazy consensus is about seeing if anyone
has objections.  If they don't then there is no need to say +1.
"Silence is consent".

Sometimes I think we overuse +1 to mean "I have no objections".  IMHO,
+1 should mean more like "I strongly support this and am willing to
help".

> You simply have to wait the 72 hrs :)
> Then update the JIRA issue with the link to the proposal thread and the
> name of the moderators.

And then please update this page, once the list is created:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/native-lang.html

-Rob