incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject AOO 3.4 downloads by language and country
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 01:13:51 GMT
The following lists the top 10 countries for downloads of each AOO 3.4
NL install.

Downloads have come from 226 countries.  26 countries saw more than
10,000 downloads, 78 countries had more than 1,000 downloads, and 147
had more than 100 downloads.  Four countries had only a single
download each:  Guinea-Bissau, Wallis and Futuna, Eritrea, and Chad.

(And yes, we have three downloads, of the Italian version, from the
Vatican City).

Aside from showing the diversity of our users, and the complexity of
language distributions, it suggests some gaps.   For example, look at
the top non-English speaking countries that have downloaded the en_US
version: Sweden, Romania, Poland, Indonesia.  So strong interest in
AOO in those countries.  Maybe we should reach out for volunteer to
help update those translations?

There maybe be other patterns here that others can discern and point out.

Regards,

-Rob

===ar===
Saudi Arabia,610