incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Creation of a mailing list for brazilian volunteers
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 17:00:33 GMT
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Albino Biasutti Neto
<biasuttin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The list has been approved ?

You should read this page on decision-making in Apache projects:

http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/docs/governance/lazyConsensus.html

Especially the section on "stating lazy consensus".

So for most decisions at Apache (notable exceptions are release votes
and voting in new committers) you should not expect a formal vote.
Instead, someone makes a proposal, gives sufficient time for
objections to be raised (72 hours is typical).  If no objections are
raised then you go forward to implement the proposal.

So in the case of a mailing list creation, you might include a link to
the proposal thread in your JIRA request, to show that there were no
objections.

-Rob