incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do we need to do in BZ after AOO 3.4 is released?
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 22:42:47 GMT
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 05/01/2012 09:28 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):

>>> Renaming sounds good to me and all issues with AOO340-dev should be
>>> moved to AOO350-dev.
>>> Only some special issues that we propose and discuss for a 3.4.1
>>> should get the AOO341-dev version

>>> +1

>>> you mean AOO350-dev, correct?
>>> If yes then +1

>>  From JIRA I know the "Affect Version" and "Fix Version" fields which
>> are used to describe where the problem was seen first and where it will
>> be fixed.
>>
>> In BZ the "Version" field is used to describe in which version the issue
>> happens. The follow webpage talks about a "Target" field:
>>

>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/docs/en/html/bug_page.html
>>
>> 13. *Target: (a.k.a. Target Milestone) A future version by which the bug
>> is to be fixed. e.g. The Bugzilla Project's milestones for future
>> Bugzilla versions are 2.18, 2.20, 3.0, etc. Milestones are not
>> restricted to numbers, thought - you can use any text strings, such as
>> dates.
>>

>> It would be very helpful to organize and keep the overview about issues
>> for specific versions in the future. So, could this field be enabled?
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>>> We should upgrade BZ to the newest version where we get more
>>> flexibility to disable not longer used products, versions etc.
>>>
>>> And then we should cleanup the whole BZ.
>>>
>>> Juergen

> was the BZ instance already updated? I now can see a target field in issues.
> :-)

Yes, I did the easy part.  The restructuring part that Regina
suggested, we'll need to think about when to do that.   By default it
will generate tons of notifications to ooo-issues if I make those
moves. We probably want to wait until a weekend to do that, and
especially wait until after the release has been out for a few days,
so we don't miss any urgent bug report in the traffic.

-ROb