incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 21:07:52 GMT
On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> On 05/28/12 15:42, Rob Weir wrote:
>>

>>> I won't spend any more energy on the issue but feel free to
>>> do all the consultations you want, and don't take the second
>>> alternative as a threat.
>>>
>> How should I take it then?
>

> It's something that has to be sorted out, and in lack of a
> specific response my suggestion to just move them
> outside the SVN tree is pretty reasonable.
>
> If the issue is not solved adequately then I would feel
> little motivation in what I do in the PPMC, but that's
> really my issue and not the end of the world for this
> project. Thankfully this project is very mature and
> doesn't depend on one person.

But just to be clear, if it is found out, after investigation, that
what we're doing is within Apache policies, will you still oppose
this?

In other words, to you is this a policy question?  Or do you have your
own motivations/desires that are independent of policy for moving
these components?

I ask this for one simple reason:  If you feel strongly about this,
and are motivated to do the work yourself, I would not object to you
moving the tarballs.   This would be true even if the policy question
did not exist.

-Rob