incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUGZILLA] Maximum size of attachment in bugzilla ?
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 12:34:47 GMT
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Herbert Duerr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>

>> I'd like to open a AOO 3.4.0 segment violation bug, but the document
>> triggering it is a master/slave document structure that, when zipped, is
>> around 55 Mb (the full document is around 800 pages).
>>
>> What is the maximum allowed size of a bugzilla attachment ?
>> I couldn't find any info on bugzilla.
>

> Currently maxattachment size is 1000 kB. Should we increase it?

I don't think so.  OK.   Maybe I could see increasing it to 2MB or 4MB
for large documents or patches.  But 55MB?  That sounds dangerous.
We'll have some users upload their soffice.bin in order to help us
diagnose the problem ;-)

So maybe store this file elsewhere.  Or maybe enable large uploads
temporarily, for a small window -- 6 hours say -- so Giuseppe can
upload, and the restore the limit.