incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Download charts (prototype)
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 23:09:32 GMT
On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know that this can be done in the CMS and buildbot. I want to find out how exactly.
Ping me in a few days.

Some quick design thoughts.   What I have now is a python script that
generates CSV file for import into Calc.   This is good for general
calculations and playing with the data, but it is not the exact format
that the timeplot widget (http://www.simile-widgets.org/timeplot/)
needs.

The widget wants comma-separated values, with ISO date, daily count
and cumulative count.

So one easy technique is to maintain a data file with daily values for
the above, and append a line to that data file each day.   I can adapt
the python script to spit out the new line of data to stdout, if you
can figure out how we enable cron processing for ooo-site.

As far as I can tell, the SourceForge stats are based on UTC, so the
"day" ends at midnight UTC.  However, there is a lag on the data, and
that lag appears to be variable.  So we might need to take a
conservative approach and collect the data for day N on day N+1 at
1200 UTC or something like that.

Note: the widget makes it easy to plot other data sets as well.  So if
anyone has any other ideas for data that could be aggregated as some
form of "project dashboard", let's discuss.  For example, is there any
easy way to get mailing list stats (posts?  subscribers?), Bugzilla
data (bugs created?  bugs closed?)  Forum stats?  Even if the data can
only be manually collected for now, we have the ability to add it.

-Rob