incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 21:33:09 GMT
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 04/29/2012 11:50 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>
>> Am 04/29/2012 09:23 PM, schrieb Regina Henschel:
>>>
>>> Hi Marcus,

>>> Good idea to start.

>>> The interaction of the orange and green part is confusing. There is text
>>> "green button" but there is no green "button".
>>>
>>> The orange text itself is a hyperlink, but what target?
>>>
>>> The user might come to that page via search, but do not want the
>>> "legacy" but an actual version. I miss a hint, where to go.
>>>
>>> Please compare with http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html,
>>> from where I took the sentence in my suggestion.
>>>
>>> I suggest to use the orange part as information box.
>>>
>>> Legacy OpenOffice.org
>>>
>>> If you are searching for the most recent installation set, please visit
>>> the <link>Apache OpenOffice download</link> webpage. Please note
that
>>> archived builds are unsupported and may contain security issues. So,
>>> it's highly recommended not to use them but only when there is no other
>>> and better choice.
>>> OpenOffice.org is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License
>>> v3 (LGPL v3)
>>>
>>> Download OpenOffice.org 3.3.0

>> Thanks for the hints. To do the HTML and JS stuff is easier than to find
>> the right words. ;-)
>>
>> Due to the CSS stuff I had to modify it a bit. I hope it's more clear now.
>>
>> Marcus
>

> I've edited both webpages again:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/other.html
>
> When I don't hear any further feedback I'll publish this as final.

On http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html:

 I expected something to happen when I clicked on the "Get the legacy
OpenOffice.org" button.  But nothing does.  WinXP/Firefox 12.0.  The
icon changed from an arrow to a hand when over that box, but clicking
does nothing.  The other boxes work fine.

Do we know how this will be linked from the /download/index.html page?

The other.html page looks and works fine.

Good work!

-Rob