incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NewWikiMainPage
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 23:22:51 GMT
On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:00 AM, Phil Sargent <snogoose@maine.rr.com> wrote:
> I am trying to password protect a document. When I do this it then opens as a "Read Only"
document and cannot be changed. To make changes I need to "Copy and Paste" make the changes,
and then re-save with password protection which changes it back to "Read Only". Is there a
way to password protect , but not have the document as "Read Only" when next opened.

Hi Phil,

It sounds like the document was saved with a "file sharing password".
When the document is loaded, look for the "edit file" icon on the
toolbar.  If you click that it will prompt you for the password and
then switch into edit mode.

But note that it is not typical to use the "file sharing password"
feature.  If you don't want the read-only behavior you should just
save with the "file encryption" password/

Regards,

-Rob