incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 23:22:53 GMT
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks

complete and to have
these tasks.

>> download

There is

>> ,

Please note that
Public
>> License

>> :-(
>> >

>> > oh boy...the trials and tribulations of css
>> >

>> I wonder if it would be simpler to just put that info in a <p> and not
>> have a box at all.  Boxes seem to lead the user to click.  It looks
>> like a button.  So if we have nothing to click, then don't use a box.

>> > OK, so how DO we want this linked in?
>> >
>> > Right now, we have --
>> >

>> > Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language
>> packs
>> >
>> > in the light green DL button options section on:
>> >
>> > http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html
>> >
>> > the test DL page.
>> >
>> > Do we want to add something here, or add a it in the side menu
>> someplace...
>> >
>> > ( and I just noticed some additional things I need to change there!
>> oops!)
>> >

>> Oh, it looks much nicer now that the alerts are gone!
>>
>> One idea to support the legacy links:
>>
>> Right now we have three simple links under the top button:
>>
>> "Searching for another version? Get all platforms, languages, language
>> packs | Release Notes | MD5 checksums"
>>
>> What if we shortened the first link, and added another one, like this:
>>
>> Other Platforms and Languages | Older Versions | Release Notes |
>> Signatures and Hashes
>>

> fine...
>

>> (note in this version I've changed "MD5 checksum" to "Signatures and
>> Hashes" since the Apache releases come with 2 differnt hashes as well
>> as a detached signature.   And that reminds me.... we'll need a page
>> for that.
>>

> ...uh, OK, where do we get them???? I don't see anything like this right
> now in "dist" for example...

They are all over the place, in the individual NL directories, e.g.:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/files/localized/ar/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_langpack-deb_ar.tar.gz.md5

It will be painful to create a page of all of these links:  6
platforms x 16 languages x 3 hashes

We should probably have the script that generates all the hashes also
generate the HTML page that contains these links, or generate at least
the <table>.

-Rob