incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Starting the graduation process
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 18:51:17 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Drew;
>
> --- Mar 29/5/12, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:
>
> <snip>

>> Could be - it was just the way Pedro phrased his comment I
>> thought perhaps his thinking was being influenced by the
>> earlier remarks.
>>

> The idea that we have remaining issues with Category-B
> tarballs in the tree has been around since before the
> release, and one of our mentors (Ross I recall) did
> acknowledge my point of view.

Again, I don't see an issue here.  But if you feel strongly about this
you are welcome to copy the ext_sources over to Apache Extras and do a
trivial update of the build script.   Whatever makes you happy.  But
I'd find it odd if any substantial issue of policy could really be
addressed by simply changing a URL.  To me that sounds like worshiping
some formalism rather than actually understanding the policy and its
intentions.