incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting Started with AOO book
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 13:09:30 GMT
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 6:23 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> The lack of interest in this book is quite conspicuous, and very demotivating for me
to continue to work on it. I've put the updated draft chapters on the ODFAuthors website and
will put the compiled draft book there soon. Then I'll go back to my travel photos and to
the LibreOffice books. Someone can let me know if/when anything happens at AOO userdocs. Cheers,
Jean

In case it is not clear:  this is the mad rush to do the final touches
on the AOO 3.4 release.  We're completing the vote, mapping out
release directory structures, updating download scripts, doing final
website translations, preparing blog posts and release announcements,
etc.   Anyone involved in the project is already working at 110% this
week.  So don't be demotivated if you don't get immediate feedback on
your user guides.  But next time maybe try to have these ready for
review at the same time we're prepping the Release Candidate build.
You're more likely to get cycles from project members then.

-Rob