incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature idea - prompt users to fill user information meta data
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 12:04:43 GMT
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Nancy K <nancythirteen@yahoo.com> wrote:
<snip>
Since you mention meta data, is there any organic SEO research going
on at this time?  If so, I would suggest providing any information
compiled from this new form/page, old openoffice.org audience
information plus any new information gained from Google (and other)
analytics in one wiki. Possibly a future/current SEO page?  Knowing
how the user found OpenOffice would help in organic SEO keyword
research. This could help us design new landing pages. Keyword
research would also reveal the words to be placed strategically in
articles, blogs and the 'alt' section/title/heading tags of the html
code.

We do currently have Google Analytics enabled for our key entry point
and destination pages, as well as tracking downloads.  But this has
only been true for a few weeks now, so we're still getting a baseline
of activity.   The only additional optimization I've made so far is to
add META keywords to the main home page.

We're also tracking "conversion rates", where a conversion is defined
as a download.   I'm hoping this will point out weaknesses on the
website.  For example, if we look at conversion rate by language, and
see that one language is much lower than another, it might mean we
need to update or enhance the native language page for that language.