incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Separation of Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 11:36:49 GMT
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:02 AM, imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> wrote:
>    FYI, I found that http://zh.openoffice.org/ is a redirection to
> http://www.openoffice.org/zh now, which then separates into two
> directory trees.  The uniformed Chinese site does not exists.  The
> content is already separated.  Keeping a uniformed Chinese entry page
> does not make sense anymore.

Look at it also from the directory layout perspective:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/

Each language is a subdirectory of /ooo-site/trunk/content

We already have an example of similar differences.  For example we
have both a Portuguese website (/pt) and a Brazilian Portuguese
website (/pt-br).

So it sounds like you would do this;

1. create a new directory, content/zh-tw

2. svn copy the existing content from the old directory to the new directory

3. work on that content until it is ready to publish

4. Enter a JIRA issue requesting Infrastructure team to create a
subdomain zh-tw.openoffice.org that points to content/zh-tw

5. Maybe also ask Infra to redirect requests from the old site to the new site

-Rob